What to Look For
To create the calmest, most relaxing environment possible for your feline family, we recommend choosing a pheromone diffuser based on reliability, safety, and overall effectiveness. For example, 93 percent of cat owners report that the drug-free Feliway Optimum Enhanced Calming diffuser eases anxiety and minimizes bad behaviors in their pets. On the other hand, if you tend to be forgetful, the Comfort Zone Cat Calming Kit has you covered. It fills the air with a harmony-inducing scent for 60 days, allowing you to live peacefully for weeks. And because every pet is as unique as its owner, we have even more handy options for you below.
Feliway Classic Cat Calming Diffuser
Potent pheromones and a convenient design make this diffuser a fantastic choice.
Find on Amazon
The Feliway Classic Cat Calming Diffuser is a highly-rated and reliable choice for any home. It uses a unique blend of pheromones to calm cats of any age, breed, or size. Each refill covers up to 700 square feet for 30 days. During that time, it can stop aggression, tension, and property damage. It’s ideal for helping new pets adjust to new pets, moving, or other family changes.
- Works well for single cats or multi-pet homes
- Helps stop marking and unwanted potty accidents in male and female cats
- Great for minimizing aggression and attacks
- Easy to change the refills
- Can leak if the angle is off even a little
Comfort Zone Cat Calming Kit
This handy diffuser can help your cats feel their best for weeks.
Find on Amazon
This cat-calming pheromone diffuser kit from Comfort Zone includes everything you need to keep your cute little kitties feeling their best. The diffuser itself features a rotating plug for easy installation and also includes refills which cover 650 square feet for up to sixty days. It’s also odorless to humans, while the drug-free formula is powerful enough to relax pets to minimize unwanted behaviors and attitudes.
- Works within a few hours of installation
- Rotating plug helps it fit into almost any outlet
- Helps cats adjust to moving and other major changes
- An affordable option, especially since it lasts two months
- May need a couple of diffusers for full home coverage
ThunderEase Calming Diffuser Kit
If your cats are struggling with stress, this high-quality diffuser can help.
Find on Amazon
If your cat is highly anxious or undergoing many changes, the ThunderEase Calming Diffuser Kit can help. It uses the same super-concentrated chemical blend as Feliway to help calm your cat during moves while adjusting to new pets and other stressful situations. And since each refill covers up to 700 square feet for 30 days, you won’t run out too quickly.
- Safe for kittens and cats with health problems
- Can stop cats from pulling out their own fur from stress
- Kicks in and starts working almost immediately after installation
- Powerful pheromone blend can help cats with major anxiety, even if other options have failed
Feliway MultiCat Starter Kit
You can use this ultra-potent diffuser kit to help settle your whole crew.
Find on Amazon
One of the most common issues in multi-pet homes is aggression. That’s why we recommend the Feliway MultiCat Starter Kit. It comes with everything you need to settle all of your cats and keep them feeling peaceful for up to 60 days. The ultra-potent ingredients work to ease stress, stop fights, and get everyone on the same page within a few hours of installation. It comes in especially handy when you’re introducing and adjusting new cats to your home or each other.
- More potent than original single-cat formulas
- Indicator lights let you know when it’s on and working
- Works well for short-term adjustments and long-term behavioral changes
- Two included diffusers cover up to 1500 square feet, making this kit perfect for apartments and small homes
- May need to be refilled more often if you have a large home
Relaxivet Calming Diffuser Kit
If you’re on a tight budget, the Relaxivet Calming Diffuser Kit can help you resolve your issues without breaking the bank. And although it’s affordable compared to competitors, you don’t have to worry about the loss of potency. Ninety percent of cat owners who have used it claim to have seen significant improvements in their cat’s overall anxiety and demeanor.
- Scent is pleasant, even to people
- Affordable compared to similar formulas
- May help aggressive cats get along and stop fights
- Very effective in helping calm anxiety and stress in cats during home and family changes
- May need several diffusers to get whole-home coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
How do pheromone diffusers work?
Pheromones are chemical messages sent through a cat’s scent glands. The ones inside calming diffusers are specifically formulated to lower stress and provide cats a peaceful, feel-good feeling to help settle anxiety and dangerous behaviors.
How many pheromone diffusers do I need?
Most pheromone diffusers are designed to be effective in up to 700 square feet. We recommend finding out your home’s exact square footage and dividing it by about 650 square feet to find how many diffusers you need. For example, a 2500 square foot home will need four diffusers evenly spaced throughout the house.
About the Author
Why Trust Us
Since 2008, CatTime has provided millions of cat owners with all the information they need to keep their pets happy and healthy. Our experts know exactly what it takes to raise our furry friends and our goal is to help all owners, new or experienced, care for their cats with all the right food, toys, equipment, and accessories.